- Post 13 April 2007
- Last Updated on 23 April 2008
- By The Nigerian Think Tank©
YOUNG NIGERIAN LEADERS
“To showcase Nigeria’s great potential”
Project Methodology: Over a twenty two month period, The Nigerian Think Tank© quietly asked members of a statistically representative sample of one thousand Nigerian citizens at home and abroad from various walks of life to send in nominations of “Nigerians - from myriad fields: business, finance and economics; law, politics and human rights; medicine, science and technology; art, culture and education; media and journalism - under the age of 65, who possess the leadership qualities required to effectively steer Nigeria in the direction of sustainable development and prosperity.”
SAS - a comprehensive statistics, graphics, and data management software - was used to analyze data from the 1000 respondents. Nominated individuals were ‘arranged’ based on generated frequency (number) of nominations received. Charts and Bar graphs were subsequently generated from results. No Individual ranking is implied. However, those with a statistically significant number of nominations comprise the first and second quartile in the distributions generated.
Outliers were not eliminated. This clearly had an effect on mean, mode and median values. Regression analysis used variables including gender, age, income/education, ethnic group, Diasporian vs non-diasporian Nigerians. Regression results indicated a large confidence interval.
The confidence interval calculations assume that we worked with a genuinely random sample of the relevant population, which was not always the case given some difficulties of sampling in the Nigerian context.
A key conclusion is that the results generated and detailed below should only be used for academic observational analysis and not for interpretation purposes – which will require a far more detailed sampling exercise that more comprehensively accounts for the effect of bias, confounders as well as study impediments.
Exclusion criteria: Former military dictators, heads of state, individuals that have been arrested or persecuted for corruption. Also excluded for ethical reasons, are members of The Nigerian Think Tank© and or project sponsors.
*Sample of the media (journalists); academia – university professors and lecturers; members of small and large business and financial institutions (including market men and women); Nigerian students- high school and university students- at home and abroad; lawyers; medical doctors and nurses; villagers in the 6 geopolitical regions; respected traditional title holders and politicians.
LAW, POLITICS AND HUMAN RIGHTS
Role Models from Law (In Remembrance): Justice Adetokunbo Ademola; Justice Taslim Elias; Justice Atanda Fatayi Williams; Justice Udo Udoma; Justice Fred Anyaegbunam; Justice Dadi Onyeama; Chief Rotimi Williams . Others include: Justice Darnley Alexander, T.A. Aguda and G.C.M. Onyiuke.
In celebration of Chief Gani Fawehinmi, SAN, Prof Itse Sagay , SAN, Justice Oputa, Justice Aniagolu, Justice P.K. Nwokedi and several others
Political Role Models: Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Ahmadu Bello, Tafewa Balewa, Aminu Kano, Mokwugo Okoye, Chuba Ikpeazu, Waziri Ibrahim, Maitama Sule, Ahmed Talib, Judith Attah, Margaret Ekpo, Madam Kuti, Tejumola Alakija, Janet Mokelu, Oyibo Odinamadu, A.A. Nwafor-Orizu, Michael Okpara, K.O. Mbadiwe, S. Akintola, Balarabe Musa, B.Usman, Sa’ad Zungur, Abubakar Rimi, Ado Bayero, Akanu Ibiam, M.T. Mbu, S.G. Ikoku, Francis Ellah, Anthony Enahoro, H.A. Ejueyitchie, Bola Ige, Bisi Onabanjo, Lateef Jakande, John Nwodo, J.M. Johnson, Aja Nwachukwu, R.A. Njoku, O.Akinfosile, Sam I. Mbakwe, S.E. Imoke, Eyo Ita, Melford Okilo,T.O.S. Benson, Ambrose Alli, A. Nwankwo, A.Ogunsanya, M.K.O. Abiola and several others.
- Senator Ken Nnamani – Senate President
- Barrister Femi Falana, Celebrated Human and Civil Rights Attorney**
- Olisa Agbakoba, (SAN), President Nigeria Bar Association (NBA)**
- Professor Pat Utomi, Academic, Lagos Business School, Presidential Aspirant**
- Professor Dora Akunyili, NAFDAC Boss**
- Col. Abubakar Umar**
- Nuhu Ribadu, Chairman EFCC**
- Governor Donald Duke of Cross River State**
- Pastor Chris Okotie Presidential Aspirant*
- Governor Adamu Muazu of Bauchi**
- Fidelis Odita, a Queen’s Counsel in Britain and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, (SAN), gubernatorial candidate*
- Hauwa Ibrahim, Civil Rights Attorney**
- Bala Takaya, Former Secretary of the old Gongola State**
- Ayo Obe, Civil and Human rights Attorney
- Nankin Bagudu, Director of the League for Human Rights
- Fr Matthew Hassan Kukah
- Senator Alhaji Saidu Dansadau**
- Nike Ransome Kuti, Attorney, pro-democracy activist
- Ms. Tinu Awe, Attorney, former president NLA, New York, USA;
- Professor Yemi Osinbajo, Attorney General of Lagos State*
- Priscilla Kuye, Former NBA president*
- Sani Takori, former Attorney general, Zamfara State
- Shehu Sani, Civil Rights Activist
- Alhaji Garba Umar Na'abba
- Festus Okoye, Executive director of Human Rights Monitor (HRM)*
- Dr. Jibrin Ibrahim, Country Director Global Rights
- Ayesha Imam, Founder, BAOBAB for human rights
- Mrs Magaret Itcheen Former Benue State Speaker
- Hon Titi Oseni, Ogun State Speaker
- Habiba Sabo Gabarin, Bauchi House member
- Adams Oshiomhole, former NLC president**
- Also mentioned: Former Governor Chris Ngige; Governor Peter Obi; Governor Bola Tinubu; Obong Victor Attah, Akwa Ibom State governor; Chidi Ezeoke Secretary to Anambra Government; Dr Onukaba Adinoyi-Ojo; Chief Ralph Egbu Secretary to Abia Govt; Senator Ben Obi; Sola Adeyeye, Wale Babalakin, Alhaji Ahmed Mohammed Makarfi, Executive Governor of Kaduna; Dr. Ali Modu Sheriff, Borno State governor, Professor Leslye Obiora, Senator Udoma Udo Udoma; Titus Mann, President Civil Liberties Organisation; Ms Nkoyo Toyo Activist Politician; Ms Amina Salihu Adviser to FCT Minister; Alhaji Nasir El-Rufai, FCT minister; Adaora Ikenze, Commonwealth secretariat.
MEDICINE, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
Role Models: Drs Okechukwu Ikejiani, M.A. Majekodunmi, Umaru Shehu, Abubakar Imam, Ishaya S. Audu, Jibril Aminu, B.O. Osuntokun, Tam David-West, F.O. Dosekun, F. Udekwu, L. Ekpechi, Prof. Alexander Animalu, National Mathematical Center, Abuja; Dr J. Ojukwu, T.Agulefo, Chukwuedu Nwokolo, Anezi-Okoro, the second generation Kutis- Olikoye and Beko, T.A.Lambo, Adetokunboh Lucas, O.K. Ogan, F.Adi, PI Okolo, Chike Obi, Anya O. Anya, Akin L. Mabogunje and several others.
Professor Dora Akunyili NAFDAC Boss**
Dr. Olufunmilayo Olopade, International leader in breast cancer research and recipient of numerous honors and awards including the Doris Duke Distinguished Clinical Scientist Award and a MacArthur Fellowship.**
- Professor Martin Aghaji** Chairman and Chief of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (1988-date Center of Excellence for Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital Enugu; former Dean of the Faculty of Medicine (1998-2000), and for two terms was Provost, College of Medicine (2000-2002, 2002-2004), Enugu Campus, University of Nigeria.
Admiral John O. Agwunobi MD, MBA, MPH Assistant Secretary for Health and Human Services; U.S. Department of Health and Human Services**
Professor Ayodele O. Falase, MD, FAS, NNOM, former Vice Chancellor University of Ibadan**
Professor Nelson Oyesiku MD, FACS, distinguished Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Neurological Surgery; Director, Molecular Neurosurgery and Biotechnology Laboratory; Director, Neurosurgery Residency Program, Emory University**
- Nosa Orobaton, M.D., M.B.A., M.P.H., Dr.PH., Chief of Operations, Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB, Geneva, Switzerland.**
Abdulkadir, Sarki MD, PhD Associate Professor of Pathology; Associate Professor of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University.*
Andrew Agwunobi MD, MBA, Sr. Vice President and Chief Operations
Officer, St Joseph’s Health System in Orange California, former C.E.O.
Of Grady Health System in Atlanta, Georgia *
- Iheanacho Emeruwa, M.D. F.A.C.O., Medical Director/founder of Aspen Medical Group, Inc., Riverside, California, Foundation President of the Association of Nigerian Physicians in America.*
- Akinyele Olawale Aluko M. D., F.A.C.C., Cardiologist and President ANPA*
Professor Bartholomew Nnaji, NNOM, Professor of Robotics and Engineering*
Professor Wole Soboyejo, Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Princeton University
- Professor Charles Ume, NNOM, George W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Tech, USA
- Professor Augustine Esogbue, NNOM, Georgia Tech, USA
- Dr. Awele Ndili, Chief Executive Officer, Founder, MShift, Inc, California, USA.
- Dr. Hilary Onyiuke, Neurosurgeon, University of Connecticut.
- Dr Maureen Okam-Achebe, Director Hemoglobinopathy program, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Harvard University
- Dr. Chinedu Nwaigwe, Ebonyi State University Hospital, Abakiliki
- Dr. J.K. Ladipo, University of Ibadan
- Professor Adebamowo, University of Ibadan
- Dr. Temitayo Shokunbi, Chair of Neurosurgery, University of Ibadan
- Professor (Mrs.) Wura Shokunbi, Hematology oncology attending, University of Ibadan
- Elizabeth Ofili, M.D., M.P.H., Associate Dean for Clinical Research
- and Director, Clinical Research Center; Chief of Cardiology and Professor, Department of Medicine, Morehouse School of Medicine, Georgia, USA
- P. I. Okolo II M.D., M.P.H., Chief of Endoscopy and Associate Professor at the Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
- Dr. Oluyinka O. Olutoye, Assistant Professor in the Pediatric Surgery Division of the Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, TX, USA
- Dr. Bennett Omalu M.D., MPH, Pathologist, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- Professor Tayo Akinwande, Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Massachusetts Institute of Technology , United States . Recipient of the 1996 National Science Foundation Career Award.
- Abba Zubair MD, PhD, Mayo Clinic
- Dr Alan Fatayi-Williams
- Obika Nwobi PHD, Aeronautical Engineer, MD, USA
- Dr Lola Ogunyemi; Harvard University
- Dr. Emeka Okaro, London, UK
- Dr. Anelechi Anyanwu, Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, USA
- Dr. Bruce Okoye, London, UK
- Patrick Egbe M.D.
- Kenneth Ejiogu M.D., Seattle, USA
- Dr. Otu Oviemo Ovadje (Brigadier General)
- Dr Chinweike Ukomadu, Harvard University
- Dr Preston Ukoli
- Dr. Austin Ugwumadu,
- Nowa Omoigui M.D.
- Sota Omoigui M.D
- Professor O. Geoffrey Okogbaa, University of South Florida
- Dr. Babs Ayeni, 3M Corporation
- Also Mentioned: Prof. Emmanuel Eneyo, Southern Illinois University, USA; Prof. Sylvanus Udoka, North Carolina A&T University, USA; Prof. Chikwendu Christian Ukaegbu, University of Wyoming, USA; Dr. Segun Fayemi
ART, CULTURE AND EDUCATION
Role Models: Professors Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinka and J.P. Clark, Cyprian Ekwensi, Christopher Okigbo, Professor Chukwuemeka Ike, Flora Nwapa, Mabel Segun, Bolanle Awe, Bala Usman, Dr. Tai Solarin, Amos Tutuola, S.J. Cookey, Ola Rotimi, John Munonye, Elechi Amadi, Bruce Onabrakpeya, Ben Enwonwu, Uche Okeke, T.M. Aluko, Ade Ajayi, Emmanuel Obiechina, Kenneth Onwuka Dike, Alvan Ikoku, Babs Fafunwa, Ken Saro-Wiwa, Hubert Ogunde, Zulu Sofola, Sonny Oti, Ayo Banjo, M.J.C. Echeruo, Emmanuel Obiechina, J.Aminu, Grace Alele-Williams, F. Ndili, J.O.C. Ezeilo, Chike Momah, Eni Njoku, Oyetunji Aboyade, Oli, Samuel Onochie Ogoazi, F.C. Ogbalu, G.E. Okeke, E.C. Ezekwesili, Eme Awa, Ikenna Nzimiro, Kalu Ezera, A.U. J. Ema, Toyin Falola, Elizabeth Isichei, D.O. Fagunwa, Donatus Nwoga, Romanus Egudu, Adaora Ulasi, Theo Vincent, Dan Izebaye, Ben Obumselu, Kalu Uka, Okogbule Wonodi, Ezenwa-Ohaeto, Ogali O. Ogali, Tony Ubesie, Pita Nwana, I.N.C. Aniebo, Onuora Nzekwu,
Frank Aig-Imoukhuede, Gabriel Okara, Nkem Nwankwo, M.A. Onwuejeogwu, Nolue Emenanjo, Mark Chijioke, Gordian Ezekwe, John A. Umeh and several others
Musicians (Role Models): Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Ebenezer Obey , 7-7, Bobby Benson & His Combo, Babatunji Olatunji, Ojoge Daniel, Tunde Nightingale and Speedy Araba, Herbert Ogunde, Ade Love, Nellie Uchendu, Nico Mbarga, Stephen Osita Osadebe, Sonny Okosun, Victor Uwaifo, Fela Sowande, W.W.C. Echezona, Professor Laz Ekwueme, Akin Euba, Joshua Uzoigwe, Meki Nzewi, Osita Osadebe, Femi Kuti, Victor Uwaifo, Cardinal Rex Jim Lawson, Victor Olaiya, Zeal Onyia, Sam Ojukwu, Ayo Bankole, Haruna Ishola Christopher Oyesiku , Adam Fiberesima, Eldred Fiberesima, E.C. Arinze, T.K. Philips, Shirley Bassey, Ikoli Harcourt Whyte, Nwokolobia Agu, Eddie Okonta Ezigbo Obiligbo, Ekwegbalu Anyanwu, Nwoye Nwazodo, Orlando "Dr. Ganja" Owoh, and several others.
Art/ Art History/ Archictecture
Role Models: Yusuf Grillo, Jimoh Akolo, Chike Aniakor, Okechukwu Odita, Simon Okeke, C.C. Ibeto, S.A.O. Chukuegu, Rowland E. Ndefo, Afi Ekong, Felix Idubor, Uzo Egonu , Rotimi Fani-Kayode, Susanne Wenger, Lamidi Fakeye, Solomon Irein Wangboje, Demas Nwoko, Abayomi Barber, Joel Esemuze (Rockwell Photographers), Bebs Photos, Peter Obe, Chuks Anyanwu, Erhabor Emokpae, David Aradeon, Middle Art (Augustine Okoye), Muraina Oyelami
- Professor Chinedu Nebo, Vice Chancellor, UNN**
- Professor Olufemi Adebisi Bamiro, FNSE, Vice Chancellor University of Ibadan**
- Professor Ayodele O. Falase, NNOM, former Vice Chancellor University of Ibadan**
- Ben Okri, writer**
Niyi Osundare, writer, poet**
Tanure Ojaide, writer, poet**
- Professor Biodun Jeyifo, Univeristy of Ibadan/Harvard University**
- Professor Obiora Udechukwu, Professor of Fine Art, UNN/St Lawrence University.*
- Professor Isidore Okpewho, University of Ibadan/SUNY, Binghampton
- Professor Onwuchekwa Jemie, Indiana University College of Arts & Sciences**
- Professor Femi Osofisan, playwright.**
Zaynab Alkali, author, intellectual.
- Professor Shehu U. Abdullahi, DVM (ABU), PhD (Min), Vice Chancellor Ahmadu Bello University
- Professor Obi Nnaemeka, UNN/University of Indiana, Indianapolis
- Ifeoma Okoye, writer
- Professor Ify Amadiume, Dartmouth College, USA
- Professor Phanuel Akubueze Egejuru, Loyola University, LA, USA
- Professor Tess Onwueme, Playwright, film-maker.
- Professor Kole Omotoso, Writer
- Odia Ofeimun, Poet, former ANA president
- Professor Jacob K. Olupona, Academic. Professor of African & African-American Studies and Religion – Harvard University Faculty of Arts and Harvard Divinity School . *
- Professor Olu Obafemi, ANA president
- Professor Okebukola, The Executive Secretary of NUC
- Helon Habila, novelist.**
- Dr Ahmed Yerima, Playwright, National Theatre Boss**
- Okwui Enwezor, Dean of Academic Affairs and Senior Vice President at the San Francisco Art Institute
- Professor Ossie Enekwe; UNN
- Nduka Otiono, former ANA secretary general;
- C. Sola Olopade, MBBS, MPH., President, Board of Trustees Nigeria Higher Education Foundation
- Oby Ezekwesili, Minister of Education*
- Sade, International Superstar artist**
- Seal, International Superstar singer**
- Sunny Ade, Juju Music King*
- Femi Kuti, musician*
- Majek Fashek, musician
- Ms Onyeka Onwenu Musician, Local Govt Aspirant
- Bright Chimezie, musician
- Lagbaja, musician
- Mike Okri, musician
Obiageli Okigbo, Artist, Architect, Brussels, Belgium
Amaechi Okigbo, Associate Professor of Landscape Architecture, Cornell University, USA
Olu Oguibe, UCONN, CT, USA
Twins Seven Seven
Ori Enyi Okoroh
Da Maraya Jos
Chika Okpala [Zebrudaya]
James Iroha [Gringory]
- Also mentioned: Novelists Chimamanda Adichie, Sefi Attah, Chris Abani, Uzodinma Iweala; musicians Deshola Idowu, JJC and the 419 Squad, Zdon Paporrella, Thorobreds, Modenine and Terry tha Rapman.
BUSINESS, FINANCE AND ECONOMICS
Role Models: Gamaliel Onosode, Chief Augustine Ilodibe, Dr Pius Okigbo, K.I. Kalu and Adebayo Adedeji, Sir Bank Anthony, Sir Odumegwu Ojukwu. Others include Musa Dan Fulani, T.A. Odutola, Chief Chris Ogunbanjo, Otunba Balogun, FGN Okoye, R.O. Nkwocha, Chiefs Nnana-Kalu, L.N. Obioha, Chief Sunny Odogwu; Akintola-Williams, M.N. Ugochukwu, Alhaji Abdullaziz Ude, S. L Edu, Professor A. Modebe, P.O. Nwakoby, the Ibrus, T. A. Braithwaite, Pascal Dozie; Otunba Adekunle Ojora, Ernest Shonekan, the Dantata/Dangote, Kontagora business families; C.T. Onyekwelu, Joe Nwankwu, Emman Ejidike (Ejidike Bread), Julie Onuora (Our Lady’s Bread etc.), R.C. Okafor, Simeon Okeke and several others.
- Bayo Ogunlesi J.D., M.B.A., Chairman and Managing Partner of Global Infrastructure Partners, former Executive Vice Chairman & Chief Client Officer of Credit Suisse , New York , USA .**
- Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Former Finance Minister**
- Segun Aganga, Managing Director – Goldman Sachs International
- Professor Pat Utomi Academic, Lagos Business School/Pan-African university, Presidential Aspirant**
- Professor Nnaemeka Ikpeze, Professor of Economics, and the Dean of the School of General Studies, UNN*
- Dr. Awele Ndili, Chief Executive Officer, Founder, MShift, Inc, California, USA.
- Professor Charles Soludo, Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria *
- Oye Hassan-Odukale, Managing Director / Chief Executive Officer - Leadway Insurance (one of the largest insurance companies in Nigeria). Chairman of the Insurance Association of Nigeria
- Jide Zeitlin Private investor, former senior investment banker and Partner Managing Director of Goldman Sachs; Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Amherst College , USA
- Mrs. Ifueko Omoigui Federal Inland Revenue Boss
- Fola Adeola, Banker, Founder Fate Foundation
- Alhaji Mohammed Hayatudeen, Chairman, NESG.
Atedo Peterside, Chief executive officer, Investment Banking and Trust Company Limited, IBTC, Nigeria
Ernest Ndukwe, Managing Director and Chief Executive officer of General Telecoms, formerly GPT (WA) Limited
Mr Jim Ovia, MD/CEO Of Zenith Bank
- Tayo Aderinokun MD Guaranty Trust Bank
Fola Laoye, Group Managing Director, Hygeia
Nosa Omoigui, Founder of NERVANA, an IT company, Seattle, USA
- Mrs. Nenadi Esther Usman, finance minister
- Tajudeen Dantata, Group Managing Director, The Dantata Organisation
Aliko Dangote, president of Dangote Group of Companies
- Ngozi Edozien, Country Manager/Regional Director, Pfizer Global Pharmaceuticals
Chief (Mrs) Cecilia Ibru, CEO Oceanic Bank
Pius Okigbo Jnr, CEO Infosoft Nigeria LTD, Chairman of Bouygues Nigeria Limited
Mr Chinenye Mba-Uzoukwu, Country Manager, Microsoft; CEO/Managing Director of InfoGraphics
Maduka Emelife, Regional Director, Cisco
- Emmanuel Aguariavwodo; MD Niger Delta Development Corportion
- Ms Funmi Balogun Country Director UNIFEM
- Chief Frank Nneji CEO ABC Transport
- Chief Leo-Stan Ekeh CEO Zinox Computers
Ladi Balogun, Chief executive officer of First City Monument Bank (FCMB)
Mr. Funso Doherty, CFA, Managing Director of ARM Pension Managers and also serves as the Firm’s Chief Investment Officer
Andrew Alli, Country Manager International Finance Corporation.
Mrs. Ndidi Okonkwo Nwuneli, Founder LEAP Africa
Uzoma Gogo Nwakuche Esq, MBA Clayton, California, USA.
Mr Richard Iferenta, tax partner, KPMG, London, UK
Dr. Akali Igbene, President, Moju Environmental, California, USA
- Professor Una Okonkwo Osili, Assistant Professor of Economics, Northwestern University
MEDIA AND JOURNALISM
Role Models: Peter Enahoro, Gab Idigo, Ebenezer Williams, Kola Animashaun, Tony Momoh, Dr. Doyin Abiola, Kunle Ajibade, Dele Giwa, Sam Amuka Pemu, The Ibrus, Chief Christopher Kolade, Babatunde Jose.
- Chief Emeka Izeze, Managing Director/Editor-in-Chief of The Guardian
- Gbenga Adefaye, Editor, Vanguard Newspapers
- Dele Olojede, Journalist. Media strategist & consultant. Executive Chairman, Timbuktu Media , South Africa. Pulitzer Prize winner.
- Mallam Kabiru A. Yusuf, Editor-in-Chief of Daily Trust newspaper
- Ms. Chris Anyanwu, Journalist, pro-democracy activist
- Dr. Stanley Macebuh Former Presidential Adviser
- Pini Jason, Journalist, Writer, Commentator, Intellectual
- Dr. Emman Shehu
- Professor Okey Ndibe, Writer, political commentator, Academic.
- Edwin Madunagu, The Punch
- Debo Adesina, Editor, The Guardian Newspaper
- Jahman Anikulapo, Banji Adisa: Sunday Editor and Saturday Editor, The Guardian, respectively
- Dr. Eddie Iroh, former Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria Director General and Chief Executive
- Mrs Bilikisu Yusuf Frontline Journalist
- Omoyele Sowore, Investigative journalist
- Jonathan Elendu, Investigative journalist
- Philip Adekunle, Founder, Nigeria Village Square
- Nduka Ogbaigbena, Publisher, Thisday
- Mr John Momoh of Channels Television
- Dr. Ike Okonta, Leverhulme Early Career Fellow, Oxford University, United Kingdom;
- Tunji Lardner, CEO Wangonet West African Ngo Network Agenda Consulting Nigeria Limited
- Ugochukwu Ejinkeonye, Independent Newspapers
- Uzo Maxim Uzoato Poet, Writer, Journalist
- Amma Ogan, writer, journalist, intellectual
- Adeze Ojukwu, Champion newspapers
- Obi Nwakanma, Missouri, USA
- M.O. Ene, Founder of Kwenu.com
- Mr Odili, Founder Odili.com, Nigeria world etc
- Mr. Bayo Onanuga, Editor in-chief of P.M. News, The News magazine
- Mr Paul Odili, The Vanguard
- Usman Jimada
- Jubril Daudu
- Kawu, Mohammed
- Nduka Otiono
- Sonala Olumhense, Journalist, political commentator
- Ray Ekpu, Newswatch
- Dan Agbese, Newswatch
- Chuks Iloegbunam
- Siena Alwell Brown, NLNG
- Ronke Olawale, prize winning journalist, The Guardian
- Don Adinuba
- Uduma Kalu, The Guardian
- Alvan Ewuzie, The Champion
- Mcphilips Nwachukwu, Vanguard Newspapers
- Nosa Igiebor, Editor-in-Chief, Tell Magazine
Dele Omotunde, Deputy-Editor-in-Chief, Tell Magazine
Onome Osifo-Whiskey, Managing Editor, Tell Magazine
Dr. Reuben Abati political commentator
Also mentioned: Chiwo Avre, Ezenwa Okenwa, Christian Okpaenyi , Dare Babarinsa, Executive Editor, Tell Magazine, Kola Ilori, Executive Editor, Tell Magazine. Nominated as organizations: African Ingependent Television, Globacom, MTN, NTA, Private and cable television. Others include Dele Ajaja, Ima Niboro, Ben Bruce, Silverbird Chairman.
*Received numerous nominations
The Nigerian Think Tank © (NTT) is an intellectual organization based in Enugu, Nigeria. It has branches and representatives in Nsukka, Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja, Kano, Zaria, Warri and Port Harcourt, Nigeria; as well as London, UK, Toronto, Canada, Berlin, Germany, Johannesburg, South Africa, and Boston, USA. It serves as a center for research and/or analysis of important public issues affecting Nigeria and Nigerians.